Friday 11 May 2012

Topshop Lipstick in 'Brighton Rock': Review + Swatches!


Hello Sweeties,


Topshop makeup is something that I have never really given much of a second look. It wasn't that I thought it wouldn't be good quality I just never expected it to be as good as it really is. 
You may have seen my NOTD post recently, including a Topshop nail polish.
 I love that polish and I also love this lipstick. I picked it up whilst I was in London a couple weeks back and really just adore it!



The packaging of the lipstick is also perfectly cute and retro. Not to mention being sturdy with a clip on cap, so you don't need to worry about the cap falling off and destroying your handbag!
It is the classic kitsch Topshop packaging, with the chalkboard style writing and the drawing of the type of product on the box. Love it!


It is entitled "Brighton Rock" and is a bright coral pink shade. The colour seems intimidating at first but is actually very wearable, especially when sheered out. The pigmentation is also amazing.
As brights are so on trend at the mo', this colour is perfect. If you're a little wary of bright colours, especially in makeup, this shade is an easy way to incorporate a little colour into your look. Not to mention, being totally gorgeous!


 There really is nothing I can fault this lipstick on. The lasting power is great 
too, these last for a couple hours at least. These are also very comfortable on the lips. They are not moisturising but neither do they dry out the lips. I would recommend popping some lip balm on before application, just to prevent any flaking, all the same. 


These lipsticks are available from selected Topshop stores and on their website. There are also eight other shades available as part of Topshop's permanent lipstick range, all priced at ₤8.

The quality of these are amazing so I would definitely recommend picking one of these up if you get a chance, especially if you are on the hunt for some new lipsticks.


Rating: 9/10




Thanks for reading Dolls!
Have you tried any of Topshop's makeup range?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x