Saturday, 13 April 2013

Review + Swatches | Topshop Lipstick in 'Saint'

Hey Everyone.

Topshop makeup line is loved by the beauty world, and is one of the best highstreet makeup brands, in my opinion anyway! I've reviewed a few of their makeup items before, including a lipstick and a few of their gorgeous nail polishes. I've been recently longing for a nude-pink lipstick but didn't fancy forking out close to €20 for a MAC lipstick so I decided to try one of Topshop's offerings.



 The shade I went for is entitled 'Saint' and is the perfect peachy nude-pink. It is nude enough without looking like you just slapped foundation on your lips! I love Topshop's makeup packaging. The lipstick comes in a sturdy cylindrical tube. The details of the packaging are the stripes in the lower half of the tube and the writing 'Lips' in a pencil-written style. The sticker at the bottom of the tube is very handy as it is the same colour as the shade encased.




The formula of the shade took me a bit longer than usual to get used to, as it does tend to stick to any dry patches on the lips, so make sure to apply a lip balm prior to applying the product. Besides that slight glitch, it glides on smoothly but does need to be layered if you desire a more prominent nude lip. It gives a natural, yet pretty colour. 

Above: lip swatch Below: hand swatch

Overall, I think this is a great product and very pretty colour. If you're on the hunt for a new nude lipstick, this one is a great high street offering.

Available from selected Topshop stores and their website for €12


11 comments:

  1. I love both colours! Such lovely summery lipsticks x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! Thanks for the comment xx

      Delete
  2. Your blog is amazing and the pictures too! Would you like to follow eachother?
    just let me know my dear! :)

    xoxo♥

    http://xamysdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you very much, I will definitely take a look at your blog. xx

      Delete
  3. The color is lovely ^.^

    i'm following you, hope you follow back (;

    i'm having a giveaway on my blog , if you want to check it out ^.^ :
    http://nhilovesbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/04/first-impression-giveaway-lioele.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely pink- Topshop lipstick shades are so lovely x

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree- I love Topshop lipsticks! x

      Delete
  5. Looks like a really pretty nude pink :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty colour! Thanks for telling me about your reviews :)I've followed you on bloglovin!xx

    gottoloveee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x