Thursday 1 March 2012

Concealers...Concealers..Concealers!

Hey Everyone,

I'm a big fan of concealers so I thought I'd share my collection with you all. I'll be doing a mini review of each of the products in the image below except the Confessions of a Concealaholic so if you want me to review that let me know in the comments section below. Also let me know if you want a further in depth review on any of the products.

Brands Left to Right: Clinique; Benefit; Estée Lauder; Garnier; Stila; Laval; W7
 Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions: This is a thick creamy concealer. I did like this but I didn't really find it improved any blemishes or prevent them in any way. It does it's job though. Packaging is simple like all Clinique packaging. It is a tube so that may be of others preference or maybe not. It's a little pricey at £13.50 but for 10ml of product. Available from most Boots stores. Rating: 7.5/10

Benefit Erase Paste: The swatch is show in shade number 3. This is obviously too dark but I have it in number 2 which is perfect. It comes in a little tub and a small brush for application. It is an extremely thick consistency which is a great concealer but too cakey for my liking. It works for under eye circles but that's it. It's too pricey for me at £19.50 especially for only 0.15 oz. of product. Available on their website. Rating: 6.5/10

Estée Lauder Doublewear Concealer: I love this concealer. It's the only one I've repurchased and is my everyday concealer. The packaging is cute and sleek and has a sponge type applicator which I completely forget the name for! The shades are very limited this is in Light Medium and is perfect for me around this time of year but a bit light in Summer. It's lovely and creamy, covers but not too thick or too thin. Also it lasts ages- a few months at least. It is a high end product so £19 isn't much of a surprise, but it's worth it to me. Doesn't say how much product is contained sorry! Available from Boots, Brown Thomas etc.. Rating: 9/10


Top to Bottom: Same order a above (Laval and W7 below)

Laval and W7 concealer
Garnier Pure Active 2in1 Anti-Spots roll-on: Woah that is quite the mouthful of a name! Anyway onto the product, this did not tickle my pickle. This is in the shade medium for anybody wondering by the way. Firstly it didn't help blemishes in any way, shape or form. It doesn't conceal either. The consistency is watery at first and then creamy-ish but not very. The colour was a problem too as this the light is too light and medium only good in Summer time. It's also a roll-on which isn't too my liking. 15ml of product is provided. Available here Rating: 5/10

Stila illuminating Concealer: Honestly I can't say much about this product as I haven't really used it. I bought this in a discount makeup store for €8.25. It's a creamy consistency but not as creamy as the Estée Lauder previously mentioned. I really like the applicator which is a small brush tip. The packaging is also cute. It's a glass container with cute writing. Not going to rate as haven't tried properly yet.

Laval Coverstick:  This contains tea tree oil which supposedly helps with blemishes. Don't really know if it actually works for that use as I don't use it super often. It's a stick concealer which I don't really like anyway. It's super inexpensive and was only a couple euro at a discount makeup store. Good for on the go but nothing special. Rating: 6/10

w7 Coverstick: This also claims to contain tea tree oil. This is very similar to the Laval Coverstick. It's cheap and bought at the same store and basically the near exact same. Rating: 6/10

Thanks for reading dolls! Please comment below telling me 
about your favourite concealers! 

xo


3 comments:

  1. Great post! My fav concealer is Collection 2000, better than any other expensive ones I've tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes I've heard that one is amazing! Will definitely be trying it out soon x

      Delete
  2. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people.
    top-5-best-concealers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovely! They make my day. I read each and every one so please check back soon to see my reply...x